Here is a project I worked on as a finishing touch for my Boys' Bedroom Makeover inspired by Land of Nod name pennants I've seen. (But, of course, this thrifty momma is not paying their price for something she can make herself!)
I created my rustic, all-American spin on name pennants using denim, burlap and twine. I was thrilled to repurpose a pair of jeans I was finally too small for and a burlap coffee bag for this easy project.
Here's what you'll need to make your own:
twine or rope
colorful Sharpie permanent markers
Here's how to make them:
1. First cut out triangles out of denim in the same shape.
2. Then, trace and cut out circles with burlap fabric
3. Hot glue your circles onto the center of the denim.
4. Hot glue your twine to the tops of triangles forming your pennant.
5. Finally, take your letter stencil, hold down onto burlap circle and color in each letter with your Sharpie marker.
Pretty darn cute if I don't say so myself! And it actually cost me nothing since I already had the materials on hand-but if you don't it is still pretty cheap to make. And, the boys love seeing their names hanging in their newly remodeled room. Thanks, Land of Nod for the inspiration!
Thanks for visiting ReMadeSimple! Can't wait to show off some more how-to's and before and after's from my Boys' Bedroom Makeover with you in the next few weeks!